With the strength of our professional and experienced staff that is trained to operate under the most demanding of situations, we have to date managed events for corporate businesses, government agencies and associations on a grand scale, but have also planned the occasional milestone or special event on a more personal note.
With over 20 years of experience in the event industry, IMA is experienced in managing complex events nationwide. IMA offers expertise in strategy, event design, facilitation, and production while delivering innovative trend setting concepts.
IMA has also established itself as one of Charlotte’s premier go-to companies for convention registration and staffing. IMA provides clients with professional and experienced convention staff that understands the on-site demands of conventions, trade shows and special events.
IMA is a certified minority and woman-owned small business. Our certifications include WBE, MBE and EDWOSB with the following NAICS codes:
- 561920 (Convention and Trade Show Organizers)
- 541611 (Administrative Management/General Management Consulting)
Whether it is planning a corporate event, conference or gala, designing your program from concept to production, overseeing logistics or providing staffing solutions, we are there to help you every step of the way. IMA’s goal is to build memorable experiences; ensure program objectives are met and exceed expectations while you concentrate on delivering your best content!
KAREN LAWRENCE, CMP, DES
IMA Founder, Karen Lawrence, has truly created a lane for herself and the company’s brand. Karen brings her experience, knowledge and skills from her years of hard work in the hospitality industry. Karen has more than 22 years of experience as a conference, event and meeting manager. She has worked as Senior Meeting Planner for Bank of America where she planned domestic and international meetings and later worked as a Conference Manager Director for Council of Education in Management where she recruited, trained and managed part-time Travel Directors to support Employment Law training workshops for HR professionals.
Karen’s strong organization skills has earned her much recognition in the hospitality industry. As a result, she was asked to serve on the 2017-2018 UNC Charlotte Continuing Education Meeting & Event Planning Program Board of Advisors, a program that services the needs of hundreds of aspiring event managers, travel agents and hoteliers.
Launching IMA in 2002, every event is planned with professionalism and the determination to exceed client’s expectations. Karen ensures that every member of her team are well-equipped to service any corporate meeting, conference, gala or special event with world class style. Karen believes in recruiting, hiring and managing all of her own team. IMA is home to many upbeat, enthusiastic IMA team members who all follow the rigorous guide and leadership of Karen’s demand to continually grow a successful event management team.
Over the past 16 years and counting, Karen and the IMA team has earned her company some of the most respected awards in the industry.
- 2020 The Mecklenburg Times 50 Most Influential Women
- 2017 Career Mastered Women’s Leadership in Action Award
- 2016 Trailblazer Award, Greater Women Business Council, LACE Awards
- “101 Meeting Professionals to Watch in 2001” ConventionSouth magazine, December 2000 for outstanding professionalism, creativity and dedication to the meetings and convention industry;
- “2004 Outstanding Project Chairman of Year”, Lake Norman Chamber of Commerce;
- “2008 Sam’s Club Emerging Entrepreneur Award in conjunction with the Count Me In.org
- “2008 Golden Crescent’s Top Women Business Leaders by Business Today Publication (Charlotte, Lake Norman and Cabarrus Counties)